The Muslim Youth Musings (MYM) Writer Fellowship is a free 12-week program covering how to become a consistent writer, build your confidence, find your voice, and join the greater community of global Muslim writers. Through weekly live sessions, you will learn essential writing skills and will work closely with your mentors and co-fellows to publish at least two polished pieces for our website, walk away with skills to critically look at your own writing, build a writer’s habit, and establish yourself as a writer.
- Duration: 12 sessions (14 weeks with 2 breaks)
- Dates: September 13, 2020 – December 13, 2020
- Time: Live Sessions on Sundays from 9:30am-11am EDT
- Cost: Free!
Expectations for Fellows
Each fellow is expected to:
- Attend all 12 sessions (3 excused absences maximum)
- Complete homework outside of sessions (1 hour minimum per week)
- Write 1 personal reflection every week
- Publish 2 pieces (including rounds of brainstorming and editing)
- Be participative and respectful in discussions and activities
- Be responsive to emails and messages
Ready? Apply for a Limited Spot!
We’re only accepting three fellows for the Fall 2020 fellowship.
Say Bismillah and apply today!
Muslim Youth Musings is a literary magazine featuring 250+ reflective short stories, personal narratives, and poems produced by Muslim youth from around the world. Since its founding in 2007, MYM has committed to aiding aspiring writers, honing the pens of current writers, and inspiring intellectual discourse for young scholars.